Automation mobile QA Engineer (m/f/d)
Who we are – the Gini Community
Founded in 2011 Gini is a well-established award-winning FinTech disrupting the banking, accounting, and insurance sector. Our most well-known product is our photo payment software assistant. With this and our other products, we want to enhance everyone’s quality of life - by automating tedious, mindless tasks. What’s special about us: We work in self-organized and cross-functional teams which give everyone at Gini immense autonomy and responsibility. Transparency, innovation, and continuous improvement are fundamental pillars in the way we work together.
Besides other awards in Gini’s early years, like the “Innovationspreis IT” in 2018, we received the “Top Arbeitgeber 2020” by Focus and "Finance Product of the Year 2022"
You will join a cross-functional agile team and contribute to building Mobile SDK for the Photo payment products Gini builds for the banking industry clients.
- You have the choice - Mobile working from home or in our bright office with two spacious roof terraces, according to your needs
- Flexibility - early bird or a night owl, you have flexible working hours
- Growing together - further development is crucial, so you will receive an annual budget of €2,500 net and 5 additional days off for your personal and professional development. In addition, we give you one learning day off per month, which you can use according to your development needs
- Your coach - a “Steward” who helps you settle in and cares for your personal growth
- 50€ net per month on top - which you can use for childcare, public transport, internet or health courses according to your needs
- Food allowance - We have an excellent employee restaurant in our office building where you can get delicious food with our allowance of 3€ per day
- Lots of different team events - we know how important team cohesion is, so we regularly organize team and company-wide events and activities
- Mobility - On the one hand, we cover the costs of underground parking so that you can get to work comfortably and stress-free by car. On the other hand, we offer our employees the opportunity to lease a JobRad. This allows you to make your commute to work in an environmentally friendly and healthy way and at the same time benefit from tax advantages.
- State-of-the-art equipment with Apple products - We place great value on modern and powerful technology and therefore offer our employees the latest Apple products as hardware
- Shared feedback culture with purpose - A feedback-driven culture full of purpose and community. Click on kununu and Glassdoor to find out what our employees and candidates are saying about Gini
Your playing field at Gini
- You plan and prioritize testing activities
- You identify weaknesses and problem areas in the software application
- You suggest automated software test procedures and prepare automation scripts
- You are responsible for tracking software bugs and investigating the causes and pointing out problem areas
- You do the troubleshooting automation software issues
- You prioritize and execute tests on mobile devices and review technical specifications and design documents
- You monitor assurance metrics and process results
- You create test plans and prepare detailed test reports
Skills to be successful
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or Information Technology, including 3+ years of experience as a QA Engineer, QA Tester, or relevant position in the IT department
- You have strong expertise in software development processes, agile frameworks and tools, thorough knowledge of methodologies of quality assurance and standards, types of testing methods like white box and black box testing
- You have experience in Testing API Mobile Apps, and you may automate it using Kotlin for Android and Swift for iOS, and you use testing tools like XCTest for iOS, Espresso and/or UI Automator for Android
- You have experience in Testing API, RESTful APIs and the HTTP protocol and you use Java and Python to automate API testing
- You have a complete understanding of automation systems and database concepts to the extent of writing queries
- You have strong communication skills to challenge and question current testing, and you describe yourself as a detail-oriented, results-driven, and reliable person
- You have excellent written and spoken English skills; German skills are a plus
Sounds like the right challenge for you?
Recruiter & Cycling Lover