Who we are – the Gini Community
Founded in 2011 Gini is a well-established award-winning FinTech Start-Up disrupting the banking, accounting, and insurance sector. Our most well-known product is our photo payment software assistant. With this and our other products, we want to enhance everyone’s quality of life - by automating tedious, mindless tasks. What’s special about us: We work in self-organized and cross-functional teams which give everyone at Gini immense autonomy and responsibility. Transparency, innovation, and continuous improvement are fundamental pillars in the way we work together.
Besides other awards in Gini’s early years, like the “Innovationspreis IT” in 2018, we recently received the “Top Arbeitgeber 2020” by Focus and "Finance Product of the Year 2022".
You will be joining the Platform Engineering team which is responsible for supporting and further developing the digital platform we provide to our external customers and internal development teams.
- Flexible working hours and home office
- An annual training budget of 2.500 € and 5 extra days off for personal and professional development
- A “Steward” who helps you settle in and cares for your personal growth
- A feedback-giving culture full of purpose and community. Check out what employees and candidates say about us on kununu and Glassdoor
Your playing field at Gini
- Work closely with development teams, external suppliers, and customers to support and implement their requirements for our digital platform.
- Take on responsibility for platform engineering / OPS topics and define their progress with actual goals.
- Handle a budget and take responsibility for planning financial decisions.
- Identify, research, and implement PoCs for novel technologies that might benefit Gini's digital platform going forward.
- Act as the company-wide expert for all components that comprise Gini’s digital platform.
- Be a vital part of the platform engineering / OPS team and further grow your personal skills through self-organization.
Skills to be successful
- You have a strong knowledge of the Linux operating system and 2+ years of work experience with Kubernetes
- You have an advanced understanding of network routing concepts like BGP
- You have a strong understanding of the lifecycle of software products and how they are developed and operated
- You profoundly understand the architecture and design of distributed systems
- You think strategically and ahead, also when it comes to handling budgets
- You have 6+ years of experience in the role of a Platform Engineer, Site Reliability Engineer, DevOps Engineer, Automation Engineer, Linux Systems Engineer or similar
- You communicate fluently in written and spoken English in a business environment
- You are willing to do bi-weekly shifts of on-call-rotation in a stable and low volume environment (no major problems in the past months)
- Applications are accepted in English and German, preferably as a PDF
- Tell us your WHY: please write a short cover letter that gives us an idea of what ignited your application and HOW you would like to make a difference
- Let us know your earliest starting date and your salary expectation
Sounds like the right challenge for you? Get in touch with us!
Recruiter & Zumba lover