Team Lead Platform Engineering (m/f/d)
Who we are – the Gini Community
Founded in 2011 Gini is a well-established award-winning FinTech disrupting the banking, accounting, and insurance sector. Our most well-known product is our photo payment software assistant. With this and our other products, we want to enhance everyone’s quality of life - by automating tedious, mindless tasks. What’s special about us: We work in self-organized and cross-functional teams which give everyone at Gini immense autonomy and responsibility. Transparency, innovation, and continuous improvement are fundamental pillars in the way we work together.
Besides other awards in Gini’s early years, like the “Innovationspreis IT” in 2018, we received the “Top Arbeitgeber 2020” by Focus and "Finance Product of the Year 2022".
As a Team Lead, you will be responsible for working with the Platform Engineering team to support and evolve the digital platform we provide to our customers and internal development teams.
- You have the choice - Mobile working from home or in our bright office with two spacious roof terraces, according to your needs
- Flexibility - early bird or a night owl, you have flexible working hours
- Growing together - further development is crucial, so you will receive an annual budget of €2,500 net and 5 additional days off for your personal and professional development. In addition, we give you one learning day off per month, which you can use according to your development needs
- Your coach - a “Steward” who helps you settle in and cares for your personal growth
- 50€ net per month on top - which you can use for childcare, public transport, internet or health courses according to your needs
- Food allowance - We have an excellent employee restaurant in our office building where you can get delicious food with our allowance of 3€ per day
- Lots of different team events - we know how important team cohesion is, so we regularly organize team and company-wide events and activities
- Mobility - On the one hand, we cover the costs of underground parking so that you can get to work comfortably and stress-free by car. On the other hand, we offer our employees the opportunity to lease a JobRad. This allows you to make your commute to work in an environmentally friendly and healthy way and at the same time benefit from tax advantages.
- State-of-the-art equipment with Apple products - We place great value on modern and powerful technology and therefore offer our employees the latest Apple products as hardware
- Shared feedback culture with purpose - A feedback-driven culture full of purpose and community. Click on kununu and Glassdoor to find out what our employees and candidates are saying about Gini
Your playing field at Gini
- You act as team lead in the platform team, bundle all topics, support the prioritization of tasks and contribute to a great working atmosphere
- You take over the management of budgets and resources for platform development
- You take responsibility for platform engineering/OPS topics and define their progress with actual goals
- You work closely with development teams, external vendors and customers to support and implement their requirements for our digital platform
- You identify, research, and implement PoCs for novel technologies that might benefit Gini's digital platform going forward
- You act as the company-wide expert for all components that comprise Gini’s digital platform
- You are responsible for all operational processes, log incidents, and ensure business continuity
Skills to be successful
- You have excellent communication and leadership skills and know how to support your platform engineer colleagues in prioritizing tasks and moving your team forward as a whole
- You have 6+ years of experience in the role of a Platform Engineer, Site Reliability Engineer, DevOps Engineer, Automation Engineer, Linux Systems Engineer or similar
- You have a strong knowledge of the Linux operating system and 2+ years of work experience with Kubernetes on bare metal and cloud
- You have an advanced understanding of network routing concepts like BGP
- You have a strong understanding of the lifecycle of software products and how they are developed and operated
- You profoundly understand the architecture and design of distributed systems
- You communicate fluently in written and spoken English in a business environment
- You are willing to do bi-weekly shifts of on-call-rotation in a stable and low-volume environment
- You have in-depth experience with operational processes and business continuity management and incidents are properly logged
Sounds like the right challenge for you?
Get in touch with us!
Recruiter & Cycling Lover