Senior Data Analyst & Data Engineer (m/f/d)
Who we are – the Gini Community
Founded in 2011 Gini is a well-established award-winning FinTech disrupting the banking, accounting, and insurance sector. Our most well-known product is our photo payment software assistant. With this and our other products, we want to enhance everyone’s quality of life - by automating tedious, mindless tasks. What’s special about us: We work in self-organized and cross-functional teams which give everyone at Gini immense autonomy and responsibility. Transparency, innovation, and continuous improvement are fundamental pillars in the way we work together.
Besides other awards in Gini’s early years, like the “Innovationspreis IT” in 2018, we recently received the “Top Arbeitgeber 2020” by Focus and "Finance Product of the Year 2022".
You will be joining the “Consulting Specialists Institute” (CSI), which consults our various product teams to enable them to create phenomenal solutions for our partners.
- You have the choice - mobile working from home or in our bright office with two spacious roof terraces and a high-quality canteen
- Flexibility - early bird or night owl, you have flexible working hours
- Growing together - further development is crucial, which is why you get an annual budget of €2500 net and, in addition to 30 vacation days, 5 additional days off for your personal and professional development
- Your coach - a “Steward” who helps you settle in and cares for your personal growth
- Additional 50€ net per month for child care, public transport, internet, or health courses
- Common feedback culture with purpose - a feedback-giving culture full of purpose and community. Check out what employees and candidates say about us on kununu and Glassdoor
Your playing field at Gini
- You run statistical analysis to answer questions and validate hypothesis
- You create dashboards to track KPIs and metrics
- You check data for patterns and trends while communicating insights across different teams
- You do an in-depth analysis of user behaviour in order to derive ideas for improvements and enhancements as well as to recognize and understand usage patterns
- You maintain and extend the analytics system
Skills to be sucessful
- You have 5+ years of hands-on experience with statistical research techniques such as linear/non-linear regression, time-series modelling, sample size estimation, statistical tests, etc.
- You have experience in using data in smart and creative ways to answer business questions incl. model-driven statistical analysis
- You have an analytical mindset and are proficient with common BI tools and open-source ones like jupyter lab notebooks
- You have strong communication skills to challenge the status quo, tell data stories, maximize the decision impact of your results, and liaison with commercial and tech people alike
- You have experience in data engineering, ETLs, data modelling, and data visualization with high fluency in Python/R, Elasticsearch, Cassandra (CQL), and SQL. Curiosity about learning new technologies is appreciated
- You have strong expertise in software engineering and hands-on experience in Python, Scala, automation, and CI/CD
- You have excellent written and spoken English skills; German skills are a plus
Sounds like the right challenge for you?
Get in touch with us!
Recruiter & Cycling Lover